The conference committee invites expressions of interest from editors, indexers and other publishing professionals, researchers, students and associates to present ideas, topics and debates related to editorial practice and the business of editing and publishing.
Expressions of interest (up to 250 words) must be submitted online by midnight on 30 November 2018.
All submissions will undergo formal review, and the conference committee reserves the right to select papers appropriate to the program.
You will be able to submit an abstract for one of the following presentation types:
The themes/topic areas for the conference are:
- Best practice/innovative practices in editing and publishing
- Fads, trends and emerging directions in editing and publishing
- Research relevant to editing and publishing
- Editing across platforms – print, electronic, online, audiovisual and other formats
- Trends in information and communications technologies
- Editing for accessibility
- Editing within and across genres
- Editing in education
- Academic editing
- Ethics in editing
- Translation, reversioning and ghost writing: ethical and practical considerations for editors
- Professional practice and professional development
- Managing and marketing your small business for success
- Wellbeing and occupational health and safety for editors
- Editors as readers: for the love of words.
Abstracts should be no more than 250 words and if possible presented as follows:
- Methods/methodological approach
Terms and Conditions
Please note the following terms and conditions of submission:
- All authors must be listed in order of contribution, along with their organisation/affiliation.
- The submitting author must be the presenting author – i.e. you cannot submit on behalf of someone else.
- The presenting author must be registered for the full day of the presentation and must attend in person.
- Presentations (including posters) will not be accepted without a presenting author.
- Once accepted, abstracts will be published as submitted, so do ensure your abstract is edited and proofread for accuracy, grammar and spelling.
- All submissions will undergo formal review, and the conference committee reserves the right to select papers appropriate to the program.
- Invitations to present will be forwarded to the submitting author prior to the closure of Early Bird registrations, along with a reminder to register.